Experience Fishing Continues to Reel in New Anglers and Operators
With the success and growth achieved in its inaugural year, the Experience Fishing pilot program is off to a great start and is gearing up for an exciting second year working with even more operators and stakeholders to increase participation, attract new markets and increase guest stays in the region.
Highlights from the 2019 season include:
- 17 operators from across Northern Ontario participated in the program
- Operating training programs were developed and hosted on the TEN online learning portal
- Consumer website created – Experience Fishing
- Operator website created – Experience Fishing – Destination Northern Ontario
- Facebook Experience Fishing and Instagram Experience Fishing pages were established that feature regular posts, photos and videos
- FAM tours with Epoch Times hosted at three participating lodges within the French River area
Additional exposure for the program was generated through attendance and representation at several consumer shows including Toronto Sportsman Show, Northern Ontario Tourism Summit, Epoch Times Consumer Show, North Bay Power Boat Show, Live on the Waterfront Series in Thunder Bay, Timmins Kayak Challenge and Festival and Canadian Bushplane Days Festival in Sault Ste. Marie.
Experience Fishing would also like to extend thanks to our generous sponsors:
- Albert’s Sports & Workwear Ltd. sponsored the fishing kits sportsandworkwear.com
- Secured Bait2Go contributed four types of fish batter and a bait box for the fishing kits –bait2go.com
Planning for 2020 is underway with a focus on increasing exposure into new markets and expanding the program across Northern Ontario.
Opportunities are now available for additional operators to participate in the program for the upcoming season. There is no cost to participate and everything needed to implement the program is included (training materials, tools and other resources).
» CLICK HERE for more information on the program.