TEN’s Fast Track to Success (FTS) Program provides personalized one-on-one coaching and recommendations for Northern Ontario tourism businesses.
The Fast Track to Success Program can improve the quality of tourism operations, enhance the visitor experience and strengthen the bottom line.
The FTS program is beneficial for many types of operations, including:
- Tourism operations that want help responding to shifting market needs/interests and prepare for the future
- Operations needing assistance with visitor experiences
- Operations wanting objective recommendations to strengthen overall operation
- Operations under transition. FTS can provide objective advice for operations under transition or thinking about it (i.e. ownership, family succession, new markets/products)
- Operations that want to confirm they are ‘on track’
Previous FTS participants have included:
- Cross-country and Alpine Ski Clubs
- RV Parks
- Curling Clubs
- Motels and Hotels
- Outdoor Experiences and Adventure Operations
- And many more!
The FTS program is delivered by a skilled consultant called a Tourism Excellence North (TEN) Specialist. Working with owners and operators at their business during their operating season, over a 24- hour period, the TEN Specialist provides practical and useful advice to improve the operation. The coaching opportunity includes a pre-visit survey, on-site visit by the TEN Specialist, recommendations that ‘can be implemented the next day’ and two post-visit opportunities for support.
Valued at over $3,500, there is a cost to the Operator of $300 for the coaching session. The remainder of the cost is covered by Destination Northern Ontario (Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries).
Join the 89 tourism businesses that have participated in the Fast Track to Success program to this day!
How do I sign up?
Contact TEN’s Senior Coordinator, Karen Peacock by email or phone 705-523-2228 to discuss your business’ suitability for the FTS program and the next steps.
What are people saying about the FTS program?
• “Our Consultant was very perceptive of our organization’s needs and not only addressed topics that we brought to the discussion, but also other macro level needs. Seeing recommendations in black and white served as the impetus for our whole organization to be on the same page on these topics. Thank you.”
• “Giving us an outside look at our operation from a person that is qualified and having our issues identified from the consultant emphasized our strategy and direction.”
• “We particularly liked how focused the sessions were and how quickly the report was prepared. It kept momentum moving, and we were able to act on many of the recommendations.”