Am I eligible for the program?
For participants and new employees looking to participate in Tourism SkillsNet North, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have a work permit, allowing you to work in Ontario.
- Live in, or willing to move to Northern Ontario for the duration of employment.
- Searching for an employment opportunity in the tourism sector.
These Tourism SkillsNet North Training Guides include an overview of the training and materials that a participant will receive once enrolling in Tourism SkillsNet North.
The objective of these training guides is to:
- Support employers and job seekers to define the best training option.
- Provide an understanding of the available training programs and courses that are available in the program.
Tourism SkillsNet North is available from April 1st, 2023 until March 31st, 2024.
- Participants must complete all mandatory courses in order to receive course certificates, and for the employer to be eligible for the wage subsidy.
- All participants will be able to complete as much optional training as they desire.
- Optional courses can become mandatory for participants upon employer’s request.
- Training guides are subject to change. Please check back for updates.
Complete the registration form to be included in the program. If you would like to inquire about your registration status, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
The Government of Ontario and its agencies are in no way bound by any recommendations contained in this document.