International border crossings grew 12.3% in July 2016 compared to July 2015 reports Statistic Canada and Canadian Border Services.
- International border crossings were up 12.3% in July 2016 and were up 11.1% in Jan – Jul 2016
- US border crossings were up 11.4% in July 2016 and were up 11.2% in Jan – Jul 2016
- US same-day crossings were up 9.3% and overnight crossings were up 12.8% in July 2016
- Overseas border crossings grew 8% in July 2016 and were up 10.5% in Jan – Jul 2016
- Entries increased from South Korea +47%, the Netherlands +25%, China +24%, Australia +23%, and Germany +21% in July 2016 compared to July 2015.
Operators in the North have reported a fruitful summer season in terms of visitation and overnight stays. More industry feedback will be collected this fall at the Northern Ontario Tourism Summit.
Find out more on daily border crossing statistics here.